Pumpkin Spice Bread
Who doesn't love fresh pumpkin bread? It's warm, moist, and tastes like fall.
Here's our favorite vegan version with a boost of protein:
- 3 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Complement Protein
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, and ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- sprinkles of oats and sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water until thickened.
- Combine flax mixture in a large bowl with sugar, applesauce, oil, and pumpkin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the walnuts. Lightly grease loaf pans. Divide into two regular 8 inch loaf pans or four mini loaf pans. If you’d like, sprinkle on some oats or turbinado to garnish. Bake the large loaves for about 55 minutes and the smaller loaves for about 40 minutes. Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan.