This might just be one of the best ways to sneak your veggies in. If you have kids, they’ll never have to know – it can be your little green secret.
Just because it’s a deliciously decadent and chocolatey brownie doesn’t mean it can’t have some healthy elements to it. This recipe has less sugar than most other brownie recipes, has over a cup of zucchini hidden in it, has a healthy amount of fiber, and just so happens to be gluten free.
Go ahead and indulge - leaving behind all unnecessary guilt!
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup shredded zucchini (drained and tightly packed)
- ½ cup nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment
- Preheat your oven to 360 F
- Process all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until powdered
- Add all wet ingredients and blend again til batter is smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with more chocolate chips
- Bake for 30-35 minutes for fudgy brownies, and 40 minutes for a more cakey brownie
- Let brownies cool completely before attempting to cut. They will firm up as they cool.
*Pro Tip: Replace half the amount of cocoa powder with Complement Chocolate Protein for a little power kick!