Calories are usually the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to weight management.
But calories don't tell the whole story.
Cyrus Khambatta, founder of Mastering Diabetes and Mastering Weight Loss challenges you to think about metabolic health before anything else.
Good metabolic health is associated with reduced risks of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer, and it plays a crucial role in weight management.
In this interview, Cyrus talks about breakthroughs in metabolic health, and how it impacts your lifespan and weight management.
Plus, the truth about carbohydrates and his secret to losing weight without even trying.
Watch it, here:
Here are the topics discussed in the interview:
- Why Cyrus started eating more carbohydrates (not less)
- Why aren't doctors more focused on diet?
- The 80/10/10 diet (and the benefits of a plant-based diet)
- Gaining weight? Here's what's happening to your body on a metabolic level
- What insulin resistance is doing to your health (and weight management)
- How to lose weight without even trying
- How do your nutritional needs change throughout your lifespan?