Did you know that nearly 40% of all food is wasted in America?
That comes to 119 billion pounds of food, which equates to nearly 130 billion meals.
Here's the good news:
You can make a difference... and get healthier in the process.
For insight, we turn to Carleigh Bodrug. If you don't know Carliegh, she's a New York Times bestselling author and founder of the plant-based recipe site, PlantYou.
Carleigh has amassed a following of millions of plant-forward eaters by focusing on simple, nutritional recipes.
In today's interview with Carleigh, she dives into her "scrappy cooking" philosophy that is good for both you and the planet.
Watch the interview:
What's covered in the interview:
- The lightbulb moment that caused Carliegh to go plant-based
- Essential plant-based cooking tips for someone new in the kitchen
- How do you make plants taste good?
- The trick to add delicious diversity to your foods
- Carleigh's favorite meal (you have to try it!)
- Scrappy cooking, a deep dive
- How to reduce your food waste
- Building a meal plan to optimize your diet and reduce waste
- The nutrient density of the foods we're throwing out