Few parts of your body impact your health as much as your gut.
A healthy gut microbiome can boost your energy, elevate your immunity, and increase your longevity.
An unhealthy gut does the opposite... creating a lot of bloating and digestive discomfort in the process.
But what exactly is a gut microbiome, and how does a plant-centered diet impact it?
That's what we dive into with Dahlia Marin, RDN, LD, CGN and James Marin, RD, two of the world's leading plant-based gut health specialists and the founders of Married to Health.
Watch the full interview, here:
Here's what we discuss:
- What is gut health (and why does it matter?)
- Why a plant-based diet is the best first step for improving your gut microbiome, but not the last step.
- Rewilding your gut microbiome after antibiotics.
- Environment vs. food — which plays a bigger role?
- The bioactivity of the foods we eat.
- If you forget everything else, remember this tip...
Dalhia and James' Plantapalooza Pick:
"Gut Nurture is our refreshing way to help keep our gut ecosystem where it needs to be."
Short on time? Check out some of our favorite quick reference clips from the show: