What comes as a bar, mixes into cereal, tastes great on dessert, and is perfect on its own?
You guessed it, granola.
And today we have a simple, elevated granola recipe that takes just 5 minutes to prep but packs lots of flavor and protein.
Unlike most store-bought granolas that are loaded with sugar and oil, this recipe utilizes real food ingredients:
- Banana to bind everything together.
- Maple syrup for hint of sweetness (optional).
- Complement Protein for an extra serving of protein.
Check out the recipe, here:
Bangin' Banana Protein Granola
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- optional: if you like it a bit more sweet, add 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds/ribbons
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp of Complement Protein
- 1/2 tsp salt
Add-ins after baking:
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries or chopped dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and hand mix thoroughly.
- Lay it out evenly on a parchment-covered pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes, mixing around halfway through. (Careful not to let it burn at the end!)
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in your cupboard or the fridge. As you transfer it to your container, add in the additional ingredients and shake it up.